Welcome to the

MTN Community

Answered question

How to upgrade my sim to 4G when there is an error in the name

Hello. I registered my sim sometime 2014 when I was about 15 years. Unknown to me the tech guy filled in his details instead of mine. I only got to know when I downloaded the MyMTNApp. I don't know how I can upgrade my sim

Etinosa
Etinosa

Etinosa

Level
1 / 100
point

Hmmm. This is a tricky one .
But with mandatory use of NIN , you could give this a try.
Visit MTN service center with your National Identification Number (NIN) and NIN Slip if you have otherwise your NIN is okay.

Tell the Rep that you are the owner of the line, fill the request form and put down your frequently called numbers and Last Recharge. Be prepared to give more information on line like year of purchase.

Because it is an upgrade you are requesting, you will get a one time pass code, give the Rep the code if it is validated, then they should proceed with upgrade request and then correct your registration details .

Hope it helps. Thank you

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (1)

100%

100% of users found this answer useful

Answers

Y'ello Etinosa. You can come over to our shop to re-register your line as well as carry out the Sim upgrade.

Below are the required details for a Sim registration update:
• National Identification Number- (NIN)
• SIM Card
• Frequently dialed numbers
• Last recharge
• Activation Date
You can access our certified offices via https://www.mtnonline.com/sim/

To upgrade your Sim to 4G, simply visit our nearest office with your active SIM, NIN ID, and a valid ID.
See requirements below:
• Your NIN
• Valid ID (Any one of these valid government-issued IDs: NIN slip, Voter’s Card, Driver’s License, International passport)
• Frequently dialed numbers
• Alternative number that OTP will be sent to for verification
• Physical SIM to be upgraded
• Sim upgrade is free, however, you would be advised to purchase airtime which will be credited to your line after the upgrade.

Below are the benefits of upgrading to 4G:
• You will be rewarded with a free 4GB data bonus upon successful upgrade of your line and it is valid for 7 days.
• You will also enjoy a data bonus on all data plans from N15,000 and below for a period of 6 months (100% for the 1st 3 months and 25% for the remaining 3 months)
• Bonus is usable only on 4G network. This means you must have a 4G phone and be within the 4G coverage area to enjoy the bonus

You can dial *123*7*1# and follow the prompt to locate our nearest office to you or click https://www.mtnonline.com/personal/find-a-store/ and select your state to view the available offices in your state.