Welcome to the

MTN Community

Answered question

My Sim card displays 'Sim Access Error. Please how can I rectify this problem

My number is 08100232553. I slot my micro SIM card on my phone, it shows SIM Access Error. I have tried it in different phones, but it's still too w same.

Austine
Austine

Austine

Level
1 / 100
point
Sodiq
Sodiq

Sodiq

Level
51 / 100
For browsing and internet

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (2)

100%

100% of users found this answer useful

Answers

Ifeanyi
Ifeanyi

Ifeanyi

Level
5000 / 5000
Hi Austine, when a SIM is not showing network and you have tried it on another phone and the issue still persist, it is likely that the SIM has gotten damaged, you need to do SIM swap.
To retrieve your MTN line,
Kindly visit any of our service centers or connect stores nearest to you with the following:
Phone Number,
NIN Number,
Your full name, date of birth, state of origin and mother’s maiden name.
4 Regularly dialed numbers within 30 days.
Last recharge date and last recharge amount
A valid identity card (Driver’s License, Voters card, National ID card, NIN slip document, International Passport)
SIM Pack or Damaged SIM with Serial (for damage SIM only), or other evidence of direct purchase/ownership of the SIM
Cost is N400 but you might be required to also buy airtime.

Kindly dial *123*7*1# to get information on the location of any MTN shops closer to you.
When you dial the code, you will be required to enter your State, then your Local Government Area, you will receive SMS on the nearest MTN office address in your location, or you can use this link: https://www.mtnonline.com/personal/find-a-store/

Sodiq
Sodiq

Sodiq

Level
51 / 100
My number is 07063804332. I slot my micro Sim card on my phone, it shows Sim Access Error. I have tried it in different phones, but its still too w same.

Bello
Bello

Bello

Level
11 / 100
this problem
My number is 08139043767. I slot my micro SIM card on my phone, it shows SIM Access Error. I have tried it in different phones, but it's still too w same.but I'm using Huawei phone now is working, please what is the problem

Bello
Sani