Welcome to the

MTN Community

Unanswered question

Why am I seeing pop notifications on my phone screen? I don't like it.

I don't like it

Umar
Umar

Umar

Level
1 / 100
point

Answers

Ifeanyi
Ifeanyi

Ifeanyi

Level
5000 / 5000
Hi Umar, you dial *447#, *700# and *123*5# to see and deactivate all unwanted VAS (Value Added Service)
Also, go the the SIM Toolkit on your phone, select MTN MsgXpress, if it is on, turn it off, also select MTN LinkUp, if it is on, turn it off.
If the issue still persist, you will need to activate Do Not Disturb service.

Do-Not-Disturb (DND) is a service that allows you to stop /opt-out of receiving promotional messages on 3rd party services like Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc. The DND service can be activated by sending HELP to 2442 for free and is available in two modes:
• Fully Blocked Mode – Allows you to opt out totally from receiving promotional messages via SMS and IVR. This can be activated directly by sending STOP to 2442.
• Partially Blocked Mode – Allows you to filter specific service categories of promotional messages to be received. This mode will block ONLY THE CATEGORIES you selected and can be activated by sending the specific number of the option(s) to 2442
Please note that Active DND will prevent you from activating the Callerfeel, Callertunez and Short Code Services. When you tries to activate callerfeel or Callertunez service with active DND, you will receive an error message; ''your subscription is unsuccessful because you are on DND". In order to resolve this, kindly opt out of DND by sending "ALLOW" to 2442, then try callerfeel or callertunez activation after 24hrs.

Note that network related communication or announcement cannot be turned off.
Campaign message on services such as MTN4ME, MTN on Demand, mPulse are meant for customer education on MTN product and services.