Welcome to the

MTN Community

Answered question

Is MTN now into Fraudulent activities??? Do we need to contact the regulators???

I bought a Mifi device from your shop at Ikeja City mall
S/N 320513884549
IMEI: 867462052329632
and MTN line 08104170681
and I was told I will get twice the data I purchase in the first six months. upon activation I got a message the message below

Thank you for purchasing MTN MiFi device. You have received FREE 30GB data expires 28/07/2021 22:38:00. You are also qualified for 100% bonus on data bundles from N3500 to N20000 you buy for the next 6 months. Click https://mymtn.com.ng/ to buy a data plan.

I bought data twice (N20,000 each) I did not get the bonus.

I called your customer care severally with my other MTN line 08039162442 and I got several RUDE responses without any resolution.

I spoke to someone from your IT department who literally swore that I will not get the bonus and that nothing can be done.

Upon several calling and complaining, yesterday I was told I can load data and I will now get the 100% bonus.
I loaded N20,000 and yet I did not get any bonus.

Your customer service reps are now so rude and very unfriendly.

This issue was first reported August 9th. That’s more than 2 weeks ago!

Please I want this resolved and my data credited. I have recharged N60,000 so far.

Please I do not want to hear it is not possible. I don’t mind copying all the regulators and getting influencers to send out my complaint.

Moses
Moses

Moses

Level
1 / 100
point
Yusuf
Yusuf

Yusuf

Level
41 / 100
The problem here is that you might be subscribing to hynet data plans. Meanwhile, the 100% bonus only applies to regular data plans.

Did you find this useful ?

No (2)

Yes (0)

0%

0% of users found this answer useful

Answers

IKECHUKWU
IKECHUKWU

IKECHUKWU

Level
23 / 100
From my own experience using the MTN 4G Mifi device, the 100% bonus data offer is real, provided you purchase data bundles from N3,500 to N20,000 for 6 months on the new SIM that is bundled with your MTN MiFi device. I will recommend these steps for you to access your main and bonus data and I assure you that it works for me:
Kindly dial *131*500# to link your Mifi phone number to the number on your phone. This will lead you to the following prompts:
1. Link MiFi/hynet flex;
2. Recharge MiFi/Hynet flex;
3. Purchase data bundle on MiFi/Hynet flex; and
4. Check data bundle balance available on your MiFi/Hynet flex device.
Kindly be informed that if you come across the term 'MSISDN' in the course of trying out the service, it simply means 'phone number'.
option 1 helps you link your phone number to your Mifi number after which you can go to option 4 to view your main and bonus data directly from your phone without removing your MTN Mifi SIM from the modem. On each occasion you want to use any of the 4 prompts or options on the service, kindly dial *131*500#.

IKECHUKWU
IKECHUKWU

IKECHUKWU

Level
23 / 100
From my experience regarding the MTN Mifi modem, the 100% bonus data offer is real provided you purchase data bundles from N3,500 to N20,000 for 6 months on the new SIM that is bundled with it. This is what works for me: I link my Mifi number to my phone number and from there, I can perform various services (including checking the data balance) on it.
The code you can dial to get started is *131*500#. This will lead you to the following options:
1. Link MiFi/hynet flex;
2. Recharge MiFi/Hynet flex;
3. Purchase data bundle on MiFi/Hynet flex; and
4. Check data bundle balance available on your MiFi/Hynet flex device.
Kindly be informed that if you come across the term 'MSISDN' in the course of trying out the service, it simply means phone number.
Anytime I choose to access my MTN MiFi data balance, I dial *131*500# and select option 4 directly on my phone. Both main and bonus data will be displayed for you.