I can’t call and send messages

I can’t call and text message

Aminu
Aminu

Aminu

Level
1 / 100
point

The application to check the details on your line is currently not responding on my system.

We might not be able to check the details on your line at the moment.

Kindly contact us later, so that we can check the details on your line when the application is responding for further support on this challenge.
Kindly use this link
https://www.mtnonline.com/contact-us/
to contact us on any of our channels for further assistance, if you are not able to reach us on this channel.

I am sorry we are not able to assist you at the moment.
~Ighedoise

Did you find this useful ?

No (1)

Yes (0)

0%

0% of users found this answer useful

Answers

Kindly share with me the error message you received while attempting to make calls and send sms, the details of your account balance is also needed for further advice. ~Ighedoise

NIN STATUS CHECK:
Dial *785#, follow the prompt to check the status of the NIN summited on your line, you can also check via myMTN app.
You can also check your SIM-NIN status on *785*3#.

You can also dial *785#, and select option 4.
The service is not free, a fee of N50 is applicable.

~Ighedoise

You can link your NIN in one of the following ways for further validation with NIMC.

1.By dialing *785*Your NIN# free of charge and following the prompts.
2.You can also submit your NIN to us on MyMTN app. To download the app, text ‘MYMTN’ to 5018.
3. https://www.mtn.ng/ can also be used. Virtual NIN (VNIN) is required to link MSISDN (your phone number) to NIN. To get a vNIN, dial *785#, insert your NIN & MTN ID, 109071. For more vNIN info, click NIN Information Center (mtn.ng).
4.Should you receive the SMS below, reply with your NIN and send.

You can also submit and link your NIN via mtnonline using URL, MTN NIN Verification (mtnonline.com). Then, enter your preferred email address to receive OTP and also give consent before submission.

You will recieve the below details:
“Yello, To submit your NIN, simply reply this sms, include your NIN and send. You can also submit by texting it to 785.

As directed by our regulator, NIN linkage will now be performed with VNIN. Users can generate VNIN by downloading the NIMC App on AppStore/Play Store or use the USSD code: *346*3*11 Digit NIN*109071#.

Generating VNIN (via USSD) costs N20 and VNIN is valid for 72 hours only.

~Ighedoise

When you submits your NIN, the NIN must be verified before the line is active.

This means that for lines that were barred from making calls, NIN submission alone will not make the line active.
The line is active only when the NIN is successfully verified.

Please find below some possible issues that might prevent you from linking NIN on your line and solutions.

1. When you are attempting to link incorrect NIN details.

2. When the NIN details have been linked to 7 number on both MTN and other networks and 4 numbers on MTN network already.

3. When the NIN details are not the same as the information used for the sim registration of your line.

Possible Solution:
1. Provide correct details for linking.

2. Link the correct numbers required.

Visit any MTN office nearest to you with your NIN to correct the details on your line.

Kindly dial *123*7*1#, and follow the prompt so that you will be able to get the address of our office closest to you. You can also use this link https://www.mtnonline.com/stores to check other office locations.

Days Work Hours
Mon – Fri 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Sat-Sun 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Sunday 12:00PM – 5:00PM
Above are our work hours.

~Ighedoise