Welcome to the

MTN Community

Answered question

My airtime bonus was charged for my browsing, instead of my data bundle. Why?

I'm on Betatalk tariff plan, and you know that give #300 airtime bonus per #100 recharge.

I recharged #500 airtime this morning, and I was credited with #1500 airtime bonus.
Then I bought a data bundle of 2gb for #500 .

I've been using it. But not too long ago, I received a notification explaining that I've exhausted my data plan.

I checked, then I found out that I still have about 175.16mb, yet I was notified that I've exhausted it.

But, that isn't actually my problem. My problem is, instead of deducting my data for browsing, you guys where using my airtime bonus.

When I checked my airtime balance, I saw nothing. But I still have data, yet I was charged from my airtime bonus.

Why?

Precious
Precious

Precious

Level
1 / 100
point
Ifeanyi
Ifeanyi

Ifeanyi

Level
5000 / 5000
Hi Precious, MTN Betatalk bonus can be used for browsing, but when you have active data bundle, they are not supposed to charge you from your bonus but from your data.
However, if your data balance is low, and the browsing activities on your line are more than your available data balance, the system will start charging you from your bonus.

Did you find this useful ?

No (5)

Yes (2)

29%

29% of users found this answer useful

Answers

Ifeanyi
Ifeanyi

Ifeanyi

Level
5000 / 5000
Hi Precious, most times when your data balance is low and your browsing activity is more than the available data balance on your line, you will be charged from any other available bundle on your line which your Betatalk bonus can be used. The Betatalk bonus is not only for calls, It can be used for calls, SMS and data.

Precious, thank you for contacting us, before we go further MTN ng does not access to use ur data, we can only subscribe ur platform, and ur issues some the network flactuation, It will refund letter, thank for contacting us.