Welcome to the

MTN Community

Answered question

Hi, I lost my MTN SIM card and I'm in diaspora. what should I do?

Hi! I'm in diaspora and I lost my SIM card what should I do

Sunday Stephen
Sunday Stephen

Sunday Stephen

Level
1 / 100
point
ABIMBOLA
ABIMBOLA

ABIMBOLA

Level
72 / 100
So sorry about your lost sim. This happened to me about 2 weeks ago, and below is the message from MTN Customer Care when I contacted them. They will also send you a sim swap form for you to fill as well. You can reach Customer Care through "customercare.ng@mtn.ng"

You are required to provide us with an Affidavit / Notarized document for this purpose. Affidavit / Notarized Document should clearly state that customer is the owner of line 0803xxxxxxxxxxx, he has lost his SIM pack and has to be made in his current location. Contents of the affidavit in a court / notary detailing should include why he is unable to visit in person for the swap and must clearly state the Customer details (Name, NIN number and Phone Number) and Proxy Details (Name, NIN number and Phone number), Reason why customer is unable to visit for swap and Customer has authorized and appointed proxy to carry out swap on his behalf. Affidavit/Notarized documents must be affixed with customer passport. Affidavit must only be sworn by the owner of the line in his current location. One affidavit can be used for reason & absence of SIM pack.

Regulatory guideline for Proxy;

Proxy must be an existing MTN customer, and have linked his/ her NIN to their MTN line to be eligible to stand in as proxy
Proxy must not have stood in as a proxy for another customer within the last 90 days
Proxy phone number must have been on the network 31 days and above. Proxy with newly registered numbers, 30 days and below on the network cannot stand in as proxy.

Proxy will indicate the MTN office to visit and the date of visit for the office to be notified.

Your proxy must visit the nearest MTN office to him or her with hardcopy of all listed documents above for processing.

Swap request will be processed once these details are verified and found to be satisfactory.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (3)

100%

100% of users found this answer useful

Answers

Seun
Seun

Seun

Level
11 / 100
I lost my SIM card, Am in diaspora