Welcome to the

MTN Community

Answered question

i just want to help people whose mifi password was wiped off from the back of their mifi and it got reset

For all those who cant get to the configuration page because the back of their MiFi is scratched up and the MiFi reset
all you need to do is this :
-firstly make sure you have a laptop or computer close by or you can use yours or someone else's if you don't have your own computer
-get a data reading cable , that is, a cable that can you can use to collect files from either laptops or computers
-Then you connect the MiFi to a laptop or computer of your choice
-then through the data cable the computer device will read the auto run settings on your MiFi

• then go to this pc on your computer in the window explorer and you'll see the mifi logo show up there with the storage it holds click on it.
  • -you'll see folders tagged (Windows) (Mac Os) (Linux) what ever type of laptop you are using click on the auto run folder you are going to be using and then click the auto run set up in there.

• it should automatically open the default browser of what ever computer you are using and take you to the MTN MiFi log in site 192.168.0.1, and then you can log in with the defaults admin as password and admin and as username
    • -then click when you are logged in go to the "WIFI SETTINGS" go to "MAIN SSID and then below where it shows WLan key click on display password
      and then your default key would show
      can either snap it and back it up on your cloud storage incase it mistakenly resets next time or write somewhere safe for future use
      or
      Alternatively when you've connected the MiFi to the laptop and it reads the data of the MiFi, it can open the default 192.168.0.1 automatically on what ever default browser you are using on your computer and you can use admin to log in and
      then you can click when you are logged in go to the "WIFI SETTINGS" go to "MAIN SSID and then below where it shows WLan key click on display password
      and then your default key would show
      can either snap it and back it up on your cloud storage incase it mistakenly resets nect time or write somewhere safe for future use

Jungkook
Jungkook

Jungkook

Level
41 / 100
I want to change my password

Did you find this useful ?

No (2)

Yes (13)

87%

87% of users found this answer useful